Hull & Deck
• Lloyd's approved, aircraft grade AL600 epoxy coated CK57 (6 lbs./cu.ft.) Baltek end-grained balsa laminate construction using biaxial glass fabrics and SCRIMP molding technology. An Interplastic vinylester resin barrier coat allows a ten-year hull warranty against blisters.
• White (other colors optional) gel coat hull with single (1.50" to 3.00") tapered bootstripe.
• Large sit-in cockpit with 6.5' seats with backrests, suitable for cockpit cushions.
• One lazarette storage locker and two cockpit seat storage lockers w/flush spring loaded latches.
• Swimming and boarding platform sculptured into aft face of full height transom with integral ladder.
• Cockpit coamings 2.5" high over sidedecks to channel water aft.
• Molded companionway slide-in seahood w/dodger boss/instrument pod.
• ORC size molded-in foredeck toe-rails.
• Stainless steel handrails on cabin trunk.
• GRP molded main structural bulkhead, bonded fore & aft on hull and deck as support for shroud chainplates with single opening to forepeak.
• Fore & aft and transverse keel support beams SCRIMP molded to hull during initial hull infusion to avoid secondary bonds.
• Fabricated aluminum mast step with transverse beams fastened to main bulkhead.
• Lead & antimony fixed 6.5' draft, fin keel with bulb bolted to a deep molded stub. (5.5’ shoal draft option)
Mechanical & Steering
• Yanmar 3YM20 20 hp, 3 cylinder, diesel engine with 50 amp alternator and two-blade 15” Martec folding prop with #2 Martec hub.
• Yanmar engine instrument panel in cockpit with acrylic cover.
• Uflex engine throttle control with neutral safety switch.
• 12-gallon alloy fuel tank with baffles and inspection/clean out port.
• Balanced spade rudder constructed using "E" glass and large diameter shaft mounted in rudder bearings.
• Curved laminated wood tiller with Spinlock hiking handle.
• Thurston companionway dodger with side curtains mounted in splash molding with quick-release zipper for easy storage. (Dodger is not required for class racing and may be deleted for credit).
• Harken Unit-1 headsail furler
• Two Lewmar 44AST, 2 speed primary winches with 44:1 power ratio.
• Two Lewmar 30AST, 2 speed halyard (& secondary) winches aft on cabin trunk.
• Double sheave deck organizers (P&S) recessed in dodger spray shield molding.
• Two lock-in Harken winch handles (8" & 10").
• Two PVC winch handle holders
• Aluminum mast collar.
• 4 Schaefer 32-16 mast mounted turning blocks
• Two double Lewmar rope clutches aft on the cabin top. Port is main halyard and jib halyard. Starboard is for cunningham/reef and spinnaker halyard.
• Two Schaefer 08-91 jib sheet blocks on a 3 foot 40-74 1.25" x 3/16" clear anodized "T" track with 34 mm hole spacing and aft end stops.
• One Harken 238 camcleat for headsail furler
• One Spinlock side mounted rope clutch for spinnaker tack line.
• One Harken 2600 block for end of bow sprit.
• Harken mid-sized traveler track recessed in cockpit seat with Harken "windward sheeting", self-tacking traveler car with 4:1 system using end stops, and 2 Schaefer 300-31 cheek blocks mounted at end of track (top flush with seat). Control lines pass through Harken 166 swivel bullet blocks mounted with 097 springs on 281 eyestraps outboard of traveler.
• 6:1 mainsheet system using a Harken 2600 single and 1559 double on separate boom bales and a 1559 fiddle on the windward sheeting traveler car 1636/1637 with Coarse adjustment sheet tail leads to a center-mounted heavy duty 144 swivel base with camcleat on 195 riser and Hexacat #170 single ratchet (without integral cam) mounted under a 24:1 fine tune system achieved by adding 4:1 tackle using 2621 Fiddle with Hexaratchet & Becket and 053 Fiddle attached to mainsheet end.
• Custom double-rail stainless bow pulpit and dual corner stern rails with transom gate.
• Low profile mounted roller furling drum system on stemhead with control line aft to port side of cabin trunk where tail can be used on primary winch.
• Tapered lifeline stanchions with heavy duty deck plates.
• Four 4-bolt mooring cleats.
• Double Harken 1973 foot blocks to lead spinnaker and jib sheets behind raised dodger to any of 4 winches.
• Harken cams for lazy spin sheets mounted just aft of primary winches.
• Bow chocks port and starboard.
• Two heavy duty "U" bolts aft for two 1959 spinnaker sheet blocks.
• Lewmar 20x20 articulated foredeck hatch.
• Lewmar 10x10 vent hatch in head.
• Two 3530 Bomar 5x30 bronze tinted fixed ports in sides of cabin trunk and two fixed recessed bronze tinted ports in head area.
• Lightweight, cored, low-profile companionway sliding hatch and acrylic offshore dropboard with inside/outside opening hasp.
• Cockpit operated Henderson bilge pump.
• Three 12"x 20" polypropylene mesh line bags.
• Custom SS chainplates, stemhead and backstay tang.
• Main Cunningham/Reef 2600 block on reef hook for single line reefing system.
• One 90 amp deep-cycle battery.
• Guest battery switch.
• Electrical panel w/circuit breakers.
• Navigation & steaming lights.
• All chainplates with lightning grounds.
• Six swiveling halogen reading lights.
• One fluorescent light in head.
• Seahood pre-wired for instruments with 6 wire 22 gauge cable to nav station
January 9, 2007
Spars & Rigging
• Tapered 6061 T6 aluminum, fractional-rig mast with double airfoil spreaders, plus boom in Awlgrip off white.
• Below-decks mast ventilation holes.
• Navtec rod rigging and Ronstan calibrated turnbuckles.
• Custom 4.25" diameter, carbon fiber, retractable J/Sprit with 1:2 under-deck Harken launching system using pole control line from dead-end hole in the forward bulkhead outboard of sprit; through two Harken thru-deck big bullets in the butt of the sprit; to a Harken 2600 secured to an 073 padeye thru-bolted to forward bulkhead taping inboard of the sprit; led to a bullseye thru-decks mounted in the main bulkhead and aft face of cabin trunk, exiting to be cleated on a 150 cam cleat.
• Automatic sprit retraction system using 3/8" red shock cord attached to butt of sprit, then passing through a 2601 block fixed to an 073 padeye on the hanging locker bulkhead, reversing forward through a bullseye fairlead on the sprit to an 2600 swivel block fixed to an 073 padeye under the sprit opening on the forward bulkhead, back through the bullseye to the becket of the 023 block on the hanging locker bulkhead.
• Hall Rigging running rigging package w/Aracom T Main & Jib Halyards, XLS jib, main & spin sheets & spin halyard.
Also includes reef line, cunningham, pole control, tack line, traveler control lines and main fine tune.
Hall Rigging options include Equip-lite main halyard and outhaul shackles.
• Sailtech -10 integral hydraulic backstay adjuster with 9.5" throw for -6 rod backstay.
• Hall Quick Vang with integral cleating.
• Main boom with #1 reef stopper to port and #2 reef sheave on starboard side to double as cunningham with Schaefer 76-46 hook and Harken 001 block.
• 6:1 internal mainsail outhaul on boom.
• Off-white Formica low-maintenance bulkheads, and lightweight bin panels with gray vinyl trim, cold molded teak cap moldings.
• Teak and holly style synthetic high-wear cabin sole with epoxy sealed end grain.
• Storage bins outboard of settee berths.
• Nav station with flip-up lid to access charter storage, and outboard shelf and nav panel to house instruments.
• Galley unit with polished stainless galley sink with fresh water foot pump and 5 gallon portable water tank with thru-hull drain.
• Forward of the main bulkhead is a changing area, hanging locker and Raritan PH-2 marine head with 12 gal polyethylene holding tank or "Y" valve for direct offshore discharge.
• Holding tank Overboard discharge manual pump.
• Forward of the head area is a lightweight bulkhead with color coordinated acrylic canvas privacy curtain and Vberth with storage under.
• Choice of Sunbrella acrylic fabrics for V berth and main
cabin settee cushions. Optional cockpit cushions double as settee backrests below.
• Vinyl liner on cabin overhead and hull ceilings.
• 12x18 mirror in head.
• Rugged 54 qt. top opening, portable icebox under companionway ladder.
• Two Tone Deck.
• 1/2" Cove Stripe with "J" Insignia.
Custom Wheel Package:
• Edson Diamond Series 48" White Aluminum Wheel with Natural Leather Grip;
Ritchie 5" Binnacle Compass with Light;
Custom GRP Molded Pedestal with SS Guard;
Aluminum Emergency Tiller;
White Vinyl Afterdeck & Sidedeck Cushions at Wheel.
Comfort Group Package:
• Bomar Bronze Tinted Main Cabin Opening Ports;
Dual Purpose Sunbrella 3" Acrylic Cockpit/Settee-Backrest Cushions with Light Color (Stone or Linen) on One Side to Match Non-Skid;
(4) Custom Acrylic Covered AC Hose Lifeline Covers for Helmsman to Match Dodger Color;
Mainsail Cover to Match Dodger with J/105 Logo.
Systems Group Package:
• Automatic electric bilge pump with check valve and panel switch for manual operation; sink in vanity counter of forward head with foot pump and drain into Head Bowl.; 20 Gallon Fresh Water Tank Under Starboard Berth with Deck Fill; Origo 2000CB 1-burner; non-pressurized alcohol stove with cutting board; nav and galley storage drawers.
Other Single Options
• 110 Volt Shorepower w/50 cord, 2 outlets, ProMariner zinc saver
• Genoa Tracks (use same lead blocks as jib)
• Additional 90 Amp Battery
• Shoal Bulb Keel with 5.5' Draft.
• Shower Attachment in Head (requires Systems Group)
• Ports on Aft Face of Cabin House (2).
• Stainless Grab Rails in Main Cabin
• Racing mainsheet system (fine tune with swivel base mounted fwd of traveler).
• Teak cockpit table with storage bag.
• Alternate class-legal traveler system with Harken #1625 car, #1515 controls with 4:1 purchase led to #150 cams on either side of cockpit.
Specifications are effective on hull #665 and subject to change prior to delivery due to deletions, additions or revisions in quantities, brand or design at the sole discretion of J/Boats, Inc. Newport, RI.