Hull & Deck Construction
· Baltek Contourkore end grained balsa composite construction using biaxal and unidirectional glass with vinylester resin on the outer hull layer for 10 year warranty against hull blisters.
· Patented “SCRIMP” resin infusion system moulding process for optimum laminate strength.
· Off-white deck with a high traction non-skid.
· White hull. Single tapered gel coat integrated double boot stripe.
· Foredeck and helmsman moulded toe rails.
· Large bow locker with laminated watertight forward collision bulkhead.
· Large cockpit storage locker on starboard.
· Propane bottle storage.
· Moulded stern platform with removable swimming ladder.
· Moulded spray shield with dodger storage and companionway instrument pod.
· GRP moulded structural bulkhead bonded to hull and deck.
· All intermediate bulkheads glassed to hull and deck for stiffness.
· Heavy-duty fibreglass floor stringer grid infused into hull, including mast and chain plate structure.
Keel & Rudder
· Low VCG Keel of cast lead with antimony bolted and bonded to deep molded stub with sump.
· Balanced high aspect spade rudder construction using biaxal and unidirectional glass and large diameter anodised aluminium stock mounted in self-aligning bearings.
· Aluminium wheel with natural leather grip on custom moulded pedestal with compass, brake and stainless guard.
· Emergency tiller.
Spars & Rigging
· Tapered aluminium mast with double airfoil spreader clear anodised.
· Continuous Rod rigging (Nitronic 50).
· Integral hydraulic backstay adjuster.
· Boom with internal outhaul 8:1 purchase system, mainsail reef line sheaves, main sheet and rigid vang tangs.
· Headsail furling system.
· Retractable carbon fiber bowsprit with seal.
· Solid boom vang with cascade purchase system.
· Complete running rigging package
· Self-tailing primary winches.
· Self-tailing halyard winches.
· Lock-in winch handles.
· 2 PVC handle holders.
· Mainsheet purchase with fine tune.
· Adjustable mainsheet traveller with 4:1 purchase led to a cleat on both sides.
· Adjustable genoa and jib tracks with 4:1 car controls led to cleats by coach roof.
· Cockpit foot blocks for genoa sheets.
· Spinnaker sheet blocks on U-bolts.
· Tack block on pad-eye at bowsprit end.
· 5 halyard/reef turning blocks.
· Halyards lead aft through 2 quadruple organizers and 4 rope clutches on each side of companionway.
· Tack line led aft to rope clutch on starboard side of coach roof.
· Bowsprit control line leading to a cam cleat on aft of coach roof bulkhead.
· 2 bow mooring cleats.
· 2 stern mooring cleats.
· Stem head fitting.
· Custom s/s stem plate with tack fitting, removable anchor roller.
· S/S chain plates for shrouds and backstay.
· Foredeck opening hatch (500 x 500) with vent.
· Opening hatch (450 x 320) over main saloon.
· 4 fixed ports (630 x 170) on saloon coach roof sides.
· 2 opening ports (304 x 155) for aft cabin and toilet compartment.
· 1 opening port (350 x 170) in cockpit (aft cabin).
· 1 vent above head area.
· 3 line bags.
· 2 s/s handrails on coach roof.
· S/S pushpit and pulpit .
· Double s/s lifelines, 8 stainless stanchions, 4 with reinforcing leg.
· Plexi-glass companionway washboards with lock and ventilation grid.
· Door storage rack in cockpit locker.
· Flag staff holder.
· Volvo D1-30 diesel 30 HP with Saildrive, 115 AH alternator, with double diode and fresh water-cooling with heat exchanger.
· Engine panel recessed in the cockpit with plexi-glass protection including rev. counter, hour meter and alarms for oil pressure, low voltage and water temperature.
· 85 litres (18.5 gallons) fuel tank under aft cabin berth.
· Sound insulated engine compartment, ventilation pipes to the transom.
· 2 bladed folding propeller
· Manual bilge pump in cockpit.
· Automatic/manual electric bilge pump with float switch.
· Pressurized water system.
· 1 water tank (96 litres) under starboard berth in saloon.
· Ice box drain
· Marine toilet
· 80 AH house battery and 70 AH engine start battery with switches and double diode/circuit breaker.
· 12V electric panel with fuel gauge and voltmeter.
· Halogen lights on ceilings and swivelling tulip lights in cabins.
· Ceiling light in head
· Light in cockpit locker
· Navigation lights on pushpit and pulpit, steaming light and mooring light.
· Rig grounded for protection against lightning.
· Interior built using wood, laminated or solid. All wooden parts are varnished or laminated with white Formica. Cabin sole in plywood · laminated with wood effect Formica.
· Vinyl lined ceilings throughout, but main saloon which has moulded slats on hull sides.
· Large hanging locker on port side, storage on starboard.
· Forward large double v-berth with storage underneath.
· Shelve above berth on port side.
· Access door to saloon.
· Settee/berths to starboard and port side with lift up pilot berths both sides.
· Water tank under starboard berth.
· Table with drop leafs and bottle storage in the centerline.
· Large storage lockers behind backrests.
· S/s hand rail on ceiling.
Galley (on port side)
· Gimballed Propane stove with oven and 2 burners.
· S/S double sink.
· Pressurized cold water.
· Large 90 litres moulded icebox/fridge with 12 volt compressor.
· Full length locker outboard of galley countertop.
· Cold moulded fiddles around the edge of the countertop.
· Storage under sink with shelf and space for trash bin.
Chart Table (on starboard side)
· Large chart table facing forward with:
· Charts storage under table lid
· Locker under chart table
· Vinyl Nav. Seat cushion with backrest
· Large hinged instruments panel, outboard, with electrical panel.
Aft Cabin (on port side)
· Access door to saloon
· Large hanging locker
· Changing seat
· Double berth
· Access panel to engine
· Fuel tank under berth
Aft Head (on starboard side)
· Access door to saloon
· Integral 2nd moulding for easy maintenance with integral shower tray, sink, access to valves and toilet support shelf.
· Pressurised cold water
· Marine toilet
· Mirror, toilet roll holder and towel rail
· Vanity unit
· Shower grating
· Access door to cockpit storage
· Holding Tank
· White Formica finish for better wear resistance.
· Steps with angled treads between bulkheads.
· Handrails integrated in bulkheads.
· Main engine access through lifting panel.
· Open locker
· Electric windlass
· Removable Dock Box
· Two Tone Deck
· Four bookshelves and cupboards in lieu of hinged backrests.
· Opening ports in the aft face of coach roof
· Opening ports in the main cabin
· Pull out berth in the main cabin
· Wood main bulkhead and wood hull linings in front cabin
· 5.75’ Shoal Draft Keel
· Additional capacity service battery for a total of 150 AH
· Boot stripe in color other than grey
· Cushion color other than standard grey
Specifications are subject to change prior to delivery due to deletions, additions or revisions in quantities, brand or design at the sole discretion of J/Boats, Inc. Newport, RI