Hull & Deck Construction
· Patented “SCRIMP” resin infusion system moulding process for optimum laminate strength and long term core integrity. Sandwich construction of uni-and multi-directional fiberglass with epoxy coated end-grained balsa core in hull and high performance foam core in deck.
· Vinylester resin in outer hull skin behind the gelcoat.
· Engineered and built to exceed ISO Category A structural requirements. Internal structural grid including all transverse & longitudinal and mast step are integrally infused as part of the hull molding.
· Overlapping hull-to-deck joint bonded with methacrylate structural adhesive.
· Large bow anchor locker with laminated watertight forward collision bulkhead.
· ORC size molded foredeck toe-rails.
· Cockpit seats with comfort angled backrest coamings.
· Molded helmsman cockpit foot braces forward and aft of wheel.
· Cockpit seat locker capable of life-raft stowage.
· One Gas/LPG bottle locker, vented and drained overboard.
· Open transom w/removable SS swim ladder & transom safety rope ladder.
· Molded spray shield with dodger storage and companionway instrument pod.
· Molded companionway slide-in seahood.
· White color gelcoat hull with double boot stripe.
· White color gelcoat deck with high traction molded non-skid and available contrasting non-skid colors.
Keel & Rudder
· 6.9’ (2.1m) draft low VCG keel with cast iron fin and lead flare fully encapsulated in molded epoxy and finally bolted with seamed joint to hull and grid structure. Finished in epoxy primer. Option for 5.75’ (1.75m) cruising keel.
· Balanced spade rudder construction using biaxial and unidirectional glass and large diameter anodised aluminium stock mounted in JP3 self-aligning bearings. Balsa core/biaxial E-glass vacuum infused hull laminate.
· Lare diameter wheel with grey leather cover recessed in molded cockpit wheel well.
· Steering system including idler sheaves, 6.5” radial drive, needle bearing with integral wheel brake, and chain/wire cables.
· Emergency tiller.
Spars & Rigging
· Alloy 6061-T6 performance mast with double set of tapered & swept spreaders, backstay crane, flush shroud terminations, sheaves for main, 2 jib & 2 spinnaker halyards, vang and boom gooseneck fittings, steaming light, internal wiring conduit, pre-formed mast wedge kit. · Mast/boom finished in clear anodizing with contrasting black measurement bands. White painted finish optional.
· Alloy 6061-T6 Boom with 8:1 internal outhaul, two mainsheet block bales, vang lug, three sheaves for reef lines and outhaul.
· Carbon fiber retractable bowsprit system for flying 120 sq.m.
asymmetrical spinnaker. System includes finished carbon spar with tack fitting, bearings, bearing seal, purchase system w/cockpit control line, and water tight internal compartment in forward cabin with overboard drain.
· Navtec Nitronic 50 continuous rod standing rigging package including shrouds and forestay.
· Integral hydraulic backstay adjuster.
· Harken jib furling system.
· Solid boom vang with cascade purchase system and integral cleating system.
· Performance running rigging package to include main, jib, spinnaker halyards, jib & main sheets, tapered spin sheets. Package to include reef line, cunningham, pole control, tack line, jib in-hauler lines, traveler control lines, mainsheet strop and mainsheet fine-tune.
· Self-tailing primary, secondary and mainsheet winches.
· Lewmar One-touch 10” winch handles (3) with cockpit winch handle holders.
· Mainsheet system within reach of helmsman including a 2:1 purchase that leads to 40:1 self-tailing mainsheet winches on each side of the cockpit and a 6:1 double ended traveler system mounted to the cockpit floor.
· 6:1 adjustable jib lead system with in-hauler hardware & 4:1 tackle P&S.
· High load spinnaker sheet blocks on SS padeyes.
· Aluminum mast collar with halyard blocks and halyard bale. Organizers mounted P&S leading halyards aft to rope clutches and 40:1 spinnaker/halyard control winches.
· SS cabin top handrails P&S.
· Double lifeline arrangement with specification and arrangement to meet ISO standards and ORC offshore special regulations. Included are tapered SS stanchions with boarding gates P&S, custom SS bow pulpit, and dual corner stern rails with LED navigation lights.
· Natural interior ventilation & lighting from opening ports & skylight deck hatches. Portlights are located in sides of cabin house & cockpit seat with deck hatches located above forward cabin and main salon. Option for hull ports in the main salon (to include night time privacy sliders) and two additional opening ports on the aft face of the cabin house.
· Acrylic offshore companionway drop-board with inside operable latch/unlatch, and dedicated storage rack in cockpit locker area.
· Cockpit mesh line organizer bags (2).
· Custom SS stemhead, shroud and backstay chainplate fabrications.
· Flag staff holder integrated with stern rail base.
· Volvo D1-30 Inboard diesel 30 HP with Saildrive, 115 AH alternator, with double diode and fresh water-cooling with heat exchanger.
· Engine panel recessed in the cockpit with acrylic panel protection including tachometer, hour meter and alarms for oil pressure, low voltage and water temperature.
· 18.5 gal fuel tank.
· Sound insulatation with fresh air ventilation to and from transom.
· 2-bladed bronze folding propeller.
· Cockpit operated manual bilge pump.
· Electric bilge pump with automatic/manual switch panel mounted in nav area.
· Pressurized hot & cold fresh water system.
· 45 gallon fresh water tank located under settee berth in saloon.
· Ice box drain.
· Marine toilet with holding tank, Y-valve and holding tank overboard discharge pump system.
· 90 amp AGM house battery with 70 amp engine start battery including switches and double diode/circuit breaker.
· 12v electrical distribution panel with fuel gauge and voltmeter.
· LED lights on ceilings and swivelling tulip reading lights in cabins.
· Ceiling light in head.
· Light in cockpit locker.
· Rig grounded for protection against lightning.
· Cold-molded, solid and laminated walnut, finished in satin varnish. White finish on main bulkhead.
· Removable, wood effect veneered floor panels with lockdown hardware and SS metal ferrules and flush fasteners.
· White wood hull lining effect in main cabin. Vinyl lining on hull sides in sleeping cabins.
· Cored and insulated cabin doors.
· Large hanging locker on port side, storage on starboard.
· Forward large double v-berth with storage below.
· Shelf above berth on port side.
· Access door to saloon.
· Comfortable settee berths to port and starboard.
· Water tank under starboard berth.
· Center drop leaf table with bottle storage compartment.
· Large storage lockers behind backrests.
· SS hand rail on ceiling.
· Gimballed Propane stove with oven and 2 burners.
· SS double sink.
· Large 3.5 cu.ft. molded icebox/fridge with 12 volt compressor.
· Full length locker outboard of galley countertop.
· Cold moulded fiddles around the edge of the countertop.
· Storage under sink with shelf and space for trash bin.
· Chart Table
· Large chart table facing forward with: chart & laptop storage under table lid, locker under chart table & shelf.
· Vinyl chart table seat cushion with backrest.
· Large hinged instrument panel, outboard, with DC electrical distribution panel.
· Access door to saloon.
· Large hanging locker.
· Changing seat.
· Double berth.
· Access panel to engine.
· Fuel tank under berth.
· Access door to saloon.
· Integral 2nd moulding for easy maintenance with integral shower tray, sink, access to valves and toilet support shelf.
· Marine toilet.
· Mirror, toilet roll holder and towel rail.
· Vanity unit.
· Shower grating.
· Access door to cockpit storage.
· Holding Tank.
· White Formica finish for better wear resistance.
· Steps with angled treads between bulkheads.
· Handrails integrated in bulkheads.
· Main engine access through lifting panel.
· Open locker.
· Removable transom box.
· Electric anchor windlass with bow roller.
· Two opening ports in aft face of cabin house.
· Two-tone deck in light grey.
· Cushions in color other than standard.
· Boot stripe in color other than standard.
· Composite wheel in lieu of standard.
· Additional 90 amp AGM house battery.
· Main bulkhead in varnished wood.
· Hull ports in main salon with privacy sliders.
· Pull out berth in the main cabin to starboard.
· Wood main bulkhead and wood hull linings in front cabin.
· 5.75’ shoal draft keel.
· 1/2" Cove stripe to match boot stripe.
· Comfort Group Package: Cockpit seat and helmsman cushions (4 piece set); Sunbrella covered lifeline covers (4 piece set); mainsail cover in Sunbrella with J/112E Logo.
Specifications are subject to change prior to delivery due to deletions, additions or revisions in quantity, brand or design at the sole discretion of J Boats, Inc.