Hull & Deck Construction
· The hull and deck are laminated with high quality materials : Sandwich construction using uni-and multi-directional glass, low density balsa core, vinylester resin and the “SCRIMP” patented resin infusion process, providing an anti-osmosis warranty of 10 years and a structural warranty of 5 years.
· White gelcoat hull finish with integrated gelcoat double boot stripe.
· Off-white deck with optional choice of 2 non-skid colors.
· Hull-to-deck joint is bonded with a methacrylate structural adhesive.
· Transverse/longitudinal grids and mast step are infused as part of the hull moulding.
· SCRIMP infusion moulded, main bulkhead.
· All intermediate bulkheads are glassed to hull and deck for strength and stiffness.
· ORC legal foredeck toe rails are an integral part of the deck moulding.
· Large capacity self draining foredeck chain locker, with space for optional electric anchor windlass.
· 2 side lockers in cockpit for storage of life-rafts.
· 2 aft lazarette lockers.
· 1 gas bottle locker, self draining with space for 2 bottles.
· Instrument pod on the sliding hatch w/ integrated mountings for sprayhood attachment.
· Transom platform with removable swimming ladder.
Keel & Rudder
· Low VCG lead keel (2.29 m draft), bolted and epoxy bonded to molded sump.
· Balanced, high aspect composite rudder using uni and multi-directional glass.
· Carbon fiber pre-preg rudder shaft.
· Self-aligning bearings.
· Aluminium steering wheel (5.26’), leather covered, on custom moulded pedestal, with well and drain.
· Compass on wheel pedestal with s/s protection bar.
· Emergency tiller.
Spars & Rigging
· White painted Hall Spars carbon mast (pre-impregnated-autoclaved), 2 sets of spreaders, with
· White painted aluminium boom, with 12:1 outhaul purchase system, mainsail reef lines sheaves,
internal mainsheet anchorage point and forward articulated blocks to deck.
· Mast deck ring with custom moulded resin wedge, adjustable mast step.
· Discontinuous rod rigging (Nitronic 50).
· Hydraulic backstay adjuster.
· Harken Unit 2.0 genoa furling system.
· Retractable carbon bowsprit with adjustable watertight system.
· Rigid boomvang with integral purchase system for a final ratio of 30:1.
· Complete running rigging package
· 2 two speed self-tailing primary winches
· 2 two speed self-tailing mainsheet winches
· 2 two speed self-tailing secondary winches on aft end of coach roof
· 4 lock-in winch handles, including 2 of “Speed grip” type
· 4 winch handle holders
· Belowdecks mainsheet system on 2:1 blocks, led forward through boom, then down to sidedecks, then aft under deck to cockpit winches.
· Adjustable mainsheet traveler with 4:1 purchase led to both sides of the cockpit.
· Full length genoa tracks, with ball-bearing car system and adjustable purchase, adjusted from the cockpit.
· 2 footblocks for genoa sheets.
· Spinnaker sheet blocks mounted on through deck u-bolts.
· Halyard & reef turning blocks.
· Deck organizers to lead halyards and reef lines aft.
· Rope clutches on each side of companionway.
· Rope clutch on sides of coach roof.
· Bowsprit control line led to cockpit.
· 2 forward mooring cleats
· 2 aft mooring cleats
· Custom SS stemhead fitting with tack fitting and attachment studs for bow roller.
· SS chainplates for shrouds and backstay.
· 1 foredeck opening hatch (600 x 600 mm) with vent.
· Opening skylight hatches & portlights distributed in head, forward, main & aft cabins.
· 4 mesh line bags
· Large companionway spray hood with removable sides and opening front (choose from a selection of colors).
· SS handrails on top of coach roof.
· Double SS rail pulpit and pushpit.
· All around stainless lifelines, 10 stanchions including 6 with reinforcing leg.
· Acrylic companionway wash board with lock and vent.
· Flagstaff holder
· Inboard 55 HP Saildrive diesel engine, 115 AH alternator, with double diode and fresh water-cooling with heat exchanger.
· Engine control panel recessed in cockpit, with plexiglass protection, including rev. counter, hour meter and alarms for oil pressure, low voltage and water temperature.
· 45 gallon fuel tank
· Sound insulated engine compartment, ventilation pipes to the transom.
· Two-blade folding propeller
· Manual bilge pump in cockpit
· Electric bilge pump with switch from automatic to manual functioning with control and individual warning light.
· Shower drain pump with filter.
· Pressurized water system.
· 2 SS water tanks (total 90 gallons) under main cabin settees
· Icebox drain.
· 6 gallon calorifier.
· Marine toilet
· 2 x 115 AH batteries & 1 x 70 AH battery for engine, with switches. The batteries are charged by either the engine or the battery charger.
· 12V electrical panel, with fuel gauge, voltmeter and ammeter.
· 110V electrical panel, with circuit breaker
· Halogen lights on ceilings and swiveling tulip lights in cabins.
· Ceiling light in heads
· Navigation lights on pushpit and pulpit, steaming light and mooring light.
· Rig grounded for protection against lightning
· Battery charger
· 110V Shorepower
· Built using wood, laminated or solid. All wooden parts are varnished or laminated with white formica.
· Floors are in plywood laminated with teak and holly effect.
· Vinyl lining or varnished wood hull linings.
· Access door to heads, large hanging locker, desk with storage above and below.
· Large double berth with lockers below.
· Locker and bookshelf on starboard side.
· Shelf above berth on port side.
· Access door to main cabin and forward heads.
· Access door to main and forward cabins.
· Lower part integrally moulded for easier maintenance, with integral shower tray, sink with access
· below to seacocks, toilet roll holder.
· Sink is recessed in synthetic resin colored worktop, with rail for hand towel.
· Shower with pressurized hot and cold water.
· Marine WC
· Electric shower drain pump.
· Shelf along the hull side with mirror.
· Shower grating
Aft Cabins(Port & Starboard)
· Access door to main cabin
· Large hanging locker
· Locker with doors, storage below and above.
· Changing seat
· Shelf along the hull side
· Large double berth
· Access door to engine
· Fuel tank under Starboard berth
Chart Table (to port)
· Large chart table facing forward.
· Chart storage under table lid & pencil box.
· Locker under chart table
· Large hinged instrument panel with electric display, 12V 18 functions - voltmeter – ampmeter.
· Navigator’s seat with storage below.
· Large wet hanging locker with drain behind the seat.
· Settee/berths to port and starboard.
· Drop leaf table with cold moulded fiddles, bottle storage in centre fixed part.
· Large storage lockers behind backrests.
· Water tanks under seats
· S/s handrail on ceiling
· Lockers/bookshelves on each side.
U-Shaped Galley (to starboard)
· Gimballed gas stove with oven and 3 burners, with s/s protection bar.
· Double s/s sink unit recessed in synthetic resin worktop.
· Pressurized hot and cold water.
· Large 6.4 cu/ft moulded icebox/fridge, with double access, divider and storage shelf.
· 4 utensils drawers
· Bottles drawer
· Large storage under drawers
· Storage under sink with shelf
· Trash bin with direct access from worktop
· Full length locker outboard of galley worktop with crockery storage system.
· Cold moulded fiddle around the edge of the worktop with integrated handrail.
· White Formica finish for better wear resistance.
· Open fronted locker for storage of deck gear.
· Steps with angled treads between bulkheads.
· Handrails integrated in bulkheads.
· Main engine access through removable panel.
Specifications are subject to change prior to delivery due to deletion, additions or revisions in quantities, brand or design at the sole discretion of J/Boats, Inc. Newport, RI.